Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Don't leave your beer cans laying around for your kids!

I'm alone today so I thought I open up an old toy chest I had when I was a young boy.  Why would a 9yr old boy have a beer can in with his toys you ask?  See picture of the back side below.


It was 1963 and I just saw a band from England on the Ed Sullivan Show that had electric guitars. I was so blown away that I went straight to my parent's Encyclopedia Britannica and looked up electric guitar.  We didn't have google back then.  All I had was a wood acoustic guitar my parents got me from the Sears and Roebuck catalog.  Which was kind of like Amazon back in my days.  It said the pickups were made of metal with copper wire wrapped around them.  So I cut a piece out of a beer can my dad had drank the night before and wrapped wire around it.  I tried to copy a diagram from the encyclopedia using a battery from another toy and plugged it into a radio I had.  It didn't work!  The name of the band by the way was "The Beatles"

No comments:

Post a Comment