Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Evil things I found in my childhood toy chest.

Just got through looking through an old toy chest I had when I was a young boy.  We are in the middle, as most know, a presidential election.  The bad news is no I did not find a Mickey Mantle baseball card.  I just knew I had one.  But maybe I found reasons why the facebook post I've been seeing lately thinks I'm a Standard Redneck and a racist.  First there's got to be a couple of good influences here.  The Robot doesn't have to be evil does it?  Then the orange box which is a Telegraph machine for learning the Morse Code.  The black book was my bible.  And the cow horn was made for me by my Great Grandfather who was a sharecropper for the Paterson family.  But then you have an army truck which from FB post means I want to kill people.  Then there's the plastic toy soldiers that I'm sure I played kill the Japanese with.  Then there's the most evil of all, a toy gun.  I'm sure I used to strap it on and played, "make the Indians slaves".  Well I guess the cow horn is evil also because the cow might not of cared much for it being made.  Besides my family must be evil because shortly after they arrived here in Texas from Tennessee they went to war with Mexico.  Probably because they had darker skin.



Here's a picture of my Great Grandfather that made me that cow horn.  He carved BB in it for my name Buddy Bell.  He didn't have much just a saddle which I think my cousin Joe still has.  He was Joe's grandfather.  He worked cattle for a land owner and for pay you got a place to live and an acre or so for farming.  Maybe a small salary I don't know but I do know things where different in his day.  But it's 2016 so why bitch FB friends?




One last thing that proves white boys are evil.  I got this for Christmas one year.  Once again I went straight to the encyclopedia, lucky there was no Google back then, and looked up something.  I went back to this set and sure enough there was a bottle of Sulfur and a bottle of Salt Peter.  John Lesser came over and the experiment was on.  I went out on the back porch and got a piece of charcoal out of my dad's barbecue charcoal bag and smashed it on the the sidewalk.  I mixed them together placed a grasshopper on top of it and said, "watch this Lamar" lit it and blew up the grasshopper.  I'm sure glad my mom didn't hear it.  That type of stuff was short lived though because a few days later I shot a hole in our roof with my dad's 300 Savage.  Boy did I get a whopping.  I learned what not to play with.






No comments:

Post a Comment